Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31, 2012

Sorry, no pictures today.  I left Moncton this morning and headed west on the Trans-Canadian Highway to the US border between Woodstock, NB and Houlton, ME.  Weather was really nice, a few clouds this morning, but they were gone by 10:00 or so.  Crossed the border without incident, then headed toward Bangor on US2A and US2 through the back country.  I was a little surprised that Maine is as flat as it is, but I guess that's the glaciers plowing everything down.  Lots of scrubby trees and lots of pulpwood trucks hauling logs somewhere.  I went through downtown Bangor, which is actually pretty quaint.  Staying at a Motel 6 on the south side of town.  I'll be heading across Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont on US2 tomorrow to stay off the interstates.  Tomorrow night I'll be in Rutland, VT for the evening.

Great day, no incidents to report, didn't get hauled into jail at the border!

Miles today:  311
Total:  4,879